Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A bit about us-Kristi

Unlike Matt, I have known that I wanted to write since I was very young. I was constantly telling stories and making up alternate views of reality. It absolutely drove my parents crazy.

I also did not have any type of Long Term Plan (I'm pretty sure I didn't have any small percentage of life planned out), and I almost didn't go into college because I wanted to see the world. However, I did decide to continue my education, and received an English degree. I then decided that I was going to go into Law School. I filled out all of the forms, took the LSAT, got a scholarship, and then freaked out because I realized that I was going to be my father. So, I went to a Master's program in English instead.

I put myself through college working as a Vet Assistant, and because of this I have quite the animal collection that I take care of. I have also managed to pawn a lot of the strays off on my friends and family, who have now found themselves overloaded with animals! But, I can rest easier knowing that they all have loving family homes.

Although I haven't managed to fulfill my goal of becoming a full-time writer, I continue to try. Right now I am still writing creatively, but reading and editing work for others does make it more difficult to focus on your own writing. All that being said, I wouldn't trade the work that I do at PegLeg Publishing for anything.

(PS. I am a genetically engineered procrastinator. I swear, my parents combined two sides of a defunct gene pool and now I am physically incapable of not putting everything off to the last minute)

No comments:

Post a Comment